Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler


This book is the selection of the Chick Lit and Other Fiction for September for the Jane Austen Theme.

Synopsis:
 
Courtney Stone suddenly wakes up in the Regency time period of Jane Austen.  Her body looks nothing like hers and the image in the mirror is not hers.  Courtney keeps thinking she will wake up and be back in her own time.  She will not have to masquerade as the character of Jane Mansfield.  She draws on her knowledge of Pride and Prejudice and other novels to navigate this time period.  She is introduced to characters such as Mrs. Mansfield, Mr. Edgeworth, Barnes, and Mary Edgeworth.  Will Courtney be able to navigate the life of Jane and find happiness?

My Thoughts:

I actually really liked this book more than I thought I would.  I am glad that I can enjoy this as a book and that it is not real life.  I wondered throughout the book how Courtney ended up in Jane’s body.  I found the characters likable.  I thought the writing of Mrs. Mansfield and her personality interesting how it played off of Jane/Courtney’s character. The book is a pleasurable read!  This book is a wonderful addition to the Jane Austen family of novels.

Ratings:

4/5
 

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!